Wednesday 13 November 2013

Vegan Black Metal Chef




No I'm not turning vegan but this guy's videos are freaking funny!! He sings to heavy metal to all his recipes. Just been reading his blog, a post about how veganism is cheap. It is definitely cheap here in Singapore, but not sure about other parts of the world.

We eat a lot of seitan in Singapore in the form of mock chicken or duck and it really absorbs flavours very well. I remember our old neighbour used to make a whole batch and she'd give some of it to us.

My family grew up as Buddhists and often went to the temple to have vegetarian food on special festivals. The monks were awesome cooks! Although we've stopped going to temple now, I still think about their vegetarian curry with fried vermicelli (I have a non-vegetarian recipe here), and their deep fried corn fritters. It was free for anyone who went to the temple on Vesak Day, I think.

There's also a shop opposite my former work place Nature Vegetarian Catering that had lots of really good vegetarian food - and they don't use any eggs or milk. I bought some mock meat there once and made a chili con carne out of it. It was pretty good - it does not taste at all like meat, but it was good.


Anyway, he's done a loads of vegan episodes. (Although I have to warn you, you probably can't watch a whole load of them at once if you're not a heavy metal fan!!)

You can subscribe to his YouTube channel here: www.youtube.com/user/VeganBlackMetalChef
Or subscribe to my YouTube channel here: www.youtube.com/user/CarmenChanCooks
( I don't do a lot of vegetarian or vegan recipes though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment